To play, grab the 'Executable' download and unzip, then run BoopsBeezBears.exe.
You will need a microphone to play!
If you have issues, try installing the UE4 prereqs, located in the subfolder Engine\Extras\Redist\en-us\UE4PrereqSetup_x64.exe.
Note: The pre-compiled package will only run on 64-bit Windows, but the source version was also tested on MacOS.
If you want to mess with the source version, you will need UnrealEngine 4.15 and Visual Studio 2015 (or XCode), and you will need to rebuild lighting on the map (the built data was stripped to get download size down).
Boops, Beez, and Bears
All content and new code created for the jam is placed under a CC0 license by the jammers.
Additional credits / licensed content:
- SharedJamUI is used under the zlib license, (C) Michael Noland
- kissfft is is used under the BSD license, (C) Mark Borgerding
- Several assets were used from various free UE4 samples (Stylized Landscape, Infinity Blade Content packs, etc...), some of which are only licensed for use in UE4. These include most of the environment props and materials, the particle effects, and the bear.
- Some CC0 assets (e.g., monkey icon) are from Kenny.nl
- The bee is a CC0 asset from TriflingMemory (http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/72219)
- Code by eXi from https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?94974 used as a starting point for the audio processing
- Microphone icon is CC0 asset from http://www.iconsdb.com/black-icons/microphone-4-icon.html