*** Registration Closed: venue capacity reached/exceeded ***
Google Map Link: Computer Science Building
NEWS UPDATE: Game Jam diversifiers released - have a look here.
Game Jam Programme and general info now available here.
Overview: we will start proceedings around 5.00PM on Friday 24th of January (registration) in Rm303 in the Computer Science Building (3rd floor). Participants can arrive from about 4.45PM to start setting up machines etc in Rm 2.03 (2nd floor). The Theme reveal and team pitch/formation will start at around 5.30PM in Rm303.
Please read carefully:
- the entrance fee goes towards costs for providing meals over 2-3 days
- the event is open to everyone, as long as you are 'legal' (!) - 18+
- network: there will be wired (ethernet) access for everyone, which will allow internet access. Ethernet cables are provided. UCT students also have access to the UCT wireless network as well as those with Eduroam accounts; some wireless accounts will be available for general use, but these are likely to be slower.
- Please bring your own laptops/PC's, with whatever software you wish installed.
- once you have registered here, please send an email to me (patrick @ cs . uct . ac . za) stating your name as well as you dietary requirements for catering purposes (halaal, vegetarian, etc)
- As part of the above-mentioned email, please also state whether you will be participating in the computer game or board game creation event. You can of course change this on the day, just helps us get a sense of numbers.
- while there is security on Campus, any equipment brought onto UCT property is done so at your own risk. The University accepts no liability for any loss or theft, so please be vigilant.
The department of computer science, Upper Campus, UCT (see map on this page)
The Jam will be happening in Rm 2.03, on the second floor. You can enter from the from the front (University Avenue) or back (Cissy Gool Plaza). If you enter from the front, go up the stairs to your left - the room is to your right.
Since the event happens outside of term time, there shouldbe plenty of parking. Note that access to University Avenue is controlled, so we suggest you park in P6 or P7. These parking areas are on the Cape Town side of the Campus - far right on the map.